Graduate Certificate Public Health
Jump Start Your Career
Our certificate programs are designed for busy people with limited time. If your professional goals include career advancement in public health and expanding your professional network, we encourage you to apply. The programs accommodate a wide range of academic backgrounds and career experience.
The Certificate in Public Health provides training in all the core disciplines in public health. Completing the Certificate will help you prepare for the Certified in Public Health exam. Visit the CPH website for full eligibility criteria.
Program of Study
- Our program enables working professionals and students from other disciplines to earn a Certificate in Public Health anytime, anywhere.
- Our students enjoy the benefits of earning a valuable credential from a leading, accredited School of Public Health while working or studying. Admissions standards recognize the value of career experiences and progression.
- The online Graduate Certificate in Public Health requires a minimum of 15 credit hours, including a 3 credit career-building practicum.
- All courses are offered online, and students are expected to complete the program within two years.
- Our courses are taught by leading faculty in the School of Public Health, and students have access to hands-on student services.
IU is unique in offering a career-building practicum in the Certificate in Public Health. Before the beginning of the practicum, MyPublicHealthDirect students connect with the practicum supervisor Dr. Catherine Sherwood-Laughlin, to identify practicum opportunities. During the practicum, students record progress toward agreed upon objectives and deliverables. Suggestions for practicum objectives might be doing an internship for a new position or accomplishing a task in a current position. Deliverables include but are not limited to an academic paper, a work-related project, or a business plan for a new venture.
You have worked hard on your degree or certificate. You are cordially invited to come to Bloomington to be a part of the IU Ceremony and attend the special reception hosted by the Dean of the School of Public Health-Bloomington.
For more information about this program, please contact:
School of Public Health Office of Online Education
(812) 855 -6812