Making a Difference With a Graduate Certificate in Public Health from IU Bloomington
Graduate Certificate in Public Health
The graduate Certificate in Public Health will provide students, individual practitioners, and professionals a substantive foundation in the core disciplines of public health at the graduate level and the opportunity to apply knowledge through a practicum experience.
Why Earn a Certificate in Public Health?
The Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) estimates a shortage of 250,000 public health workers by 2020. Careers in public health can be found in local, state, and federal government; nonprofit organizations; businesses and corporations; hospitals; county health departments; universities; and with health foundations and health-based grant projects.
Who is this Certificate For?
The School of Public Health digital education program uses flexible online delivery formats and high touch student services to ensure academic and career placement success. Students do not need to be in residence in Bloomington to complete any part of the certificate. All of the coursework and the practicum can be completed online. The Certificate is designed for a variety of students:
- Already employed professionals in public health who wish to add to their credentials at the graduate level.
- Graduate students who are preparing for careers in public service and program administration related to public health.
- Candidates for graduate degrees in the basic and applied science fields who are interested in public health and who may be supported by interdisciplinary research training programs
- Students who already have a graduate or undergraduate degree and are interested in a career in public health
A Graduate Certificate in Public Health can lead to or enhance careers in positions including:
- Community Health Educator
- Disease Prevention Manager
- Health Promotion Specialist
- Intervention Designer
- Maternal and Child Health Specialist
- Obesity Prevention Coordinator
- Public Health Educator
- Public Health Program Manager
- Public Health Researcher
- Sexual Health Educator
- Technical Advisor for HIV/AIDS Programs
- Vaccine Advisor and Program Manager
- Youth Tobacco Prevention Coordinator